Bourhouse, East Lothian.
Now known as Bowerhouse.
In 1835, Major General J. Carfrae of the East India Company
instructed his architect David Bryce to design a new house for him in the
Jacobean Revival style. The house replaced an earlier house in the same
Purchased by James Warren Hastings Anderson 1874, sold by his son David Murray in 1939
Family related houses